Thursday, October 22, 2015

Ballerina


Cute Little Ballerina
Stitchy Bear

Beach Baby
The Stamping Boutique

I love the ballet, especially when I get to watch my beautiful granddaughter dance. She'll be 15 years old shortly and is in her first year of high school. Last summer she stayed in Manhattan and attended a two week intensive dance program with the Joffrey Ballet Company. What an exciting time to be a young girl from a small town in Florida.
My granddaughter, photo by Sandy Brooke
 In honor of this young lady, I designed a dance birthday card using the Stitchy Bear image "Cute Little Ballerina." Stitchy Bear is one of  the sponsors of the Simply Papercraft challenge, where anything goes.

I colored the ballerina with Prismacolor Pencils and used a blender marker on her skirt. I also colored the stage image from Make it Crafty with Prismacolor Pencils and a metallic Gelly Roll pen. I merged the stage and the ballerina with a background from the Pin Up Starlets digikit in the Craft Artist 2 program.
 
For my second card I would like to introducing Beach Baby by The Stamping Boutique, my choice for an image on my DT inspirational card. The Stamping Boutique is also a current sponsor at Simply Papercraft.

Beach Baby was colored with Derwent Colorsoft Pencils. There were clouds, sand and a sea to use with the stamp, but it was my choice to use only the girl and the sand castle. I combined the colored image with a background created by my husband Sandy Brooke, using the Craft Artist 2 program.

I hope you are inspired and will share you own work at the Simply Papercraft challenge, where anything goes.

1 comment:

ike said...

What a beautiful ballet card to honour your Granddaughter :-) It's lovely and I wish her success in her dancing :-D
Thank you for making such a great project using our Digis.
It is a pleasure to sponsor you and I hope you have enjoyed working with our images.

Best wishes,

IKE x

DT for StitchyBear Digi Outlet