Sunday, September 13, 2026

Lady of the Greenwood

  

 This mixed media piece was inspired from a tutorial by Effy Wild for "A Year of Magic and Fairy Tales."

I followed Effy's  instruction until I didn't. I went on my own art journey. Effy did say "...Art it's not about the supplies." So I used what was in my stash and made it work for me.

 I began this piece drawing the image with a Graphgear 1000 Pentel Pencil on Fabriano hot press watercolor paper. I outlined and patterned the piece with a  Micron Pen and painted it using Jane Davenport Watercolors. From there I drew and filled the spaces with numerous pens including Posca, Staedtler, Faber Castell Pitt and Gen Crafts Watercolor Markers. I enhanced the piece with Prismacolor Pencils and a Gelly Roll pen.

I loved working on this piece and how it is a bit like Effy's, but a lot like my own piece! So fun!

Challenges: 

   https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2026/09/september-2026-anything-goes-w-optional.html 

https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/2026/09/challenge-202609-anything-goes-w.html 

https://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2026/09/challenge-329.html 

https://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com/2026/07/a-perfect-time-to-craft-open-challenge_01035597380.html 

4 comments:

Pamela said...

thank you for sharing this unique creation with us at A Place to Start

Rosmarie said...

What a beautiful drawing! Love the way you framed her face with the leaves. Thank you so much for playing along with 613 Avenue Create. Rosi x
You might also be interested in these challenge blogs:
The Little Things
Dream Factory

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Leuk gemaakt!!Zo leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij 613 Avenue Create
Very nice=; Lovely that you join our challenge at 613 Avenue Create.
Creative Hugs & Happy Crafting!

Claudia
Claudia's Kaartjes

Chana Malkah said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana