I've been doing art tutorials for a number of years, the last three years at Karen Campbell's online Awesome Art School. There are also many art tutorials online, given freely. I have taken advantage of many. I can honestly say my skills have improved thru the years and I've learned so many wonderful techniques!
I have found that saving digital files on Etsy in the themes I'm interested in and using them as references has helped me to create my own original art. I enjoy drawing my own version of digital images. I have been offered templates freely to use in my work. Sometimes I can combine both kinds of references in the process and arrive at original art work. This is how I got the "Lighthouse Dream."
I used a lighthouse digital image from Plum Loved Art (Wonky Walls and Titled Tops #29) on Etsy and part of a scenic template from Artsydee.com to draw this scene in my Canson Watercolor Book, using a Graphgear 1000 Pencil . I outlined the picture with a Micron Pen and painted it with Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolors. I used Prismacolor Pencils and a blending stump for shading and white Holbein Artist's Gouache for highlights.
This picture represents a new level of my artistic journey. I couldn't be happier with this piece.
Challenges:
https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2026/09/september-2026-anything-goes-w-optional.html
https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/2026/09/challenge-202609-anything-goes-w.html
https://creativecrafterschallenge.blogspot.com/2026/09/challenge-104.html

3 comments:
wonderful coloring job ! Thank you for sharing this with us at A Place to Start
Beautiful nautical card! I love your lighthouse. Thank you for playing with us at The Creative Crafters Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets to Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!
Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx
Post a Comment