Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Cat in the Weeds

 

This "Cat in the Weeds," is from a tutorial by Karen Campbell for Awesome Art School. I used my Graphgear 1000 Pentel Pencil to draw the image on Fabriano hot press watercolor paper. I outlined the image with a Micron Pen and added the random colors with Jane Davenport watercolors.

I love how these loose paintings come out!

Challenges: 

 https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2026/08/august-2026-anything-goes-w-optional.html 

https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/2026/08/challenge-202608-anything-goes.html 

https://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2026/08/challenge-856.html 

https://paperfundaychallenges.blogspot.com/2026/08/august-2026-challenge-90-anything-goes.html 


6 comments:

brenda said...

As always a lovely creation, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge,

B x

María said...

A gorgeous drawing. I love how you've played with the different colours and those drops of ink, they create an awesome contrast with the white background. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

Liz said...

A beautiful creation. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge.
Liz xx

Aquarius said...

Love this stylish drawing - thank you for joining in with us at Allsorts

Jackie C said...

More wonderful artwork!
We're always thrilled to see each entry arrive in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
We do hope you'll return!
Wishing you the very best of luck with your entry.
Warm Wishes, Jackie,
DT member at 613 xx

Donna Walls said...

Wow, great drawing and I love the loose watercoloring. This would look so good in a pretty frame. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge, we hope you'll join us again soon.
Donna xx
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge