Sunday, June 18, 2023

Snow Scene that Almost Wasn't!


 I've been enjoying the drawing club in Awesome Art School, but I did miss using my Winsor Newton Cotman tube watercolors. I decided on a Paul Clark tutorial and to paint it on my Arches cold pressed block. But sometime ago I transferred a snow scene onto that block. In order to paint the new offering, I needed to paint the snow scene and take it off the block. So I painted Paul Clark's "Snow Scene at Dusk." 

It was going along fine until I noticed my snow drifts on one side of the creek were way too high and dark. What to do? I wet the area down and tried wiping it away with a wide brush. It became lighter but really messy. The Magic Eraser didn't erase. I brought out my last resort, the"Dr. Ph. Martin's Bleed Proof White." I took a damp brush and put the white where it needed to be. I waited a bit for it to dry and painted shadows, reeds and grasses over the top. It worked! The Snow Scene that almost wasn't, was!

The final touch was the additional white pastel chalk pencil (General's), for more reeds and grasses and lines in the background trees.

I've taken the painting off the block and started the one I had planned to do. I'll let you see it when it's completed!

Ah so nice to paint again saving my painting!

Challenges:

https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2023/06/june-2023-anything-goes-woptional-twist.html

https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/2023/06/june-2023-anything-goes.html

https://corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.com/2023/06/challenge-6-jun-2023-anything-goes.html  

https://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/2023/06/morgans-artworld-challenge-6.html

6 comments:

Bonnie Lynn said...

Wow!! What a gorgeous scene you painted!! I saw the thumbnail at A Place To Start challenges and had to come check it out.

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Fabulous painting I am in awe of the beauty and talent TFS over at 613 this time hope to see you again real soon Elaine DT x

Chana Malkah said...

So pretty and so calming! Thanks for hanging out at A Place to Start !
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
A Place to Start , Owner
613 Avenue Create , Owner

jolanda creatief bijtje said...

beautiful card
thanks for joining our challenge
until the next challenge
greetings jolanda bongers
dt morgan's art world

Gina said...

This is so beautiful, so glad you didn't quit on it XXX

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

This is fabulous Carla. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
~ Wendy CT