Tuesday, June 13, 2023

A Portrait in Abstract


 I had fun doing a tutorial by Jenny Manno for Kaleidoscope Taster Week. She entitled the lesson The Freedom of Analogous.

The theme of Kaleidoscope is color and Jenny taught the lesson on analogous color, which is three or four hues next to each other on the color wheel. So if you look at my painting the analogous colors are greens and purple and I used a pink, which is across from those colors. My color scheme is split analogous. As you can see a split analogous color scheme is more vibrant and contrasting than an analogous color scheme.

For a short review of the tutorial I printed the coloring book designs offered by Jenny and transferred on onto my New York Central Art Supply, Hot Pressed, Watercolor Block, using Graphite Paper. I painted the design with Jane Davenport watercolors and outlined and add design elements using several liner pens.

This was out of my comfort zone but a rewarding challenge!

Challenges:

https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2023/06/june-2023-anything-goes-woptional-twist.html

https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/2023/06/june-2023-anything-goes.html 

https://letscreatechallenges.blogspot.com/2023/06/challenge-196-ag-hip-to-be-square.html

5 comments:

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Fabulous make TFS over at 613 this time hope to see you again real soon Elaine DT x

Chana Malkah said...

Super! This is beautifully done, Carla! I love the colors!
Thanks for sharing it with us at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana

Chana Malkah said...

Of course, you already know I love this!

Thanks for hanging out at A Place to Start !
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
A Place to Start , Owner
613 Avenue Create , Owner

Sara Lihz Dobel said...

This is so different, and what wonderful bright colors. Thanks for joining us at A Place to Start!

Sara Lihz
SassysLLC

My Crafting corner said...

Your colours are amazing, Thank you for joining our challenge at
Let's Craft and Create this week and good luck.. Ursula Uphof DT