Friday, April 6, 2012

Monogramed Decorative Coasters

So sorry I been busy all week taking care of the grandchildren and trying to kick a recurring sinus infection.

I am still designing decorative tile coasters and thought a monogram would be nice. I used the same supplies:
Ceramic tile, printed and solid scrapbook paper, Mod Podge and Krylon Clear Finish.

Apply Mod Podge to both the tile and the back of a 3 3/4 printed paper.
Place the paper on the tile and smooth it out to avoid bubbles.
Apply Mod Podge on the back of a 2 1/2" solid color letter (I used Cricut Classic Font) and place it on the printed paper. 
Apply Mod Podge to all about 4 times, letting it dry between applications. 
Spray the clear finish over the tile again about 4 times letting it dry between sprays.
When the tiles are completely dry, place felt adhesive pads on all 4 corners on the back of the decorative coaster.

These make great open house gifts and well as small wedding presents! Such fun to work on too!

12 comments:

Taylor said...

I love making these! I love your addition of the monogram. It makes them so personal! I would love for you to share this with my Unveil Your Genius link party!
http://taylornorris.blogspot.com/2012/04/unveil-your-genius-link-party-5.html

Happy Sunday!

Melissa @ Loving this {crazy} life! said...

Thanks for linking up to my party! Great idea!

Lindsay Weirich said...

those are really cute, great for wedding gifts!

Charlene@APinchofJoy said...

Love the monogram idea -- what a perfect gift! I would love it if you would consider linking to Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy, a Sunday through Thursday link party for ideas that make life easier, better and more fun!

Our Delightful Home said...

This is such a cute idea. I would love for you to link up to my Linky Party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/04/show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-9.html

Mrs. Delightful
www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Pretty! I love the paisley print you picked. Paisley is my new obsession :)

Shannah @ Just Us Four said...

So cute. This is a really great project! I would love it if you would come link this up at my Pinworthy Projects Link Party.

Onna said...

Such a fun project! I love the colors!

Jenny @ The NY Melrose Family said...

I love monograms. Your colors are great. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays!

Dr Sonia S V said...

I missed this post earlier-- its awesome creative

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Taylor said...

I've featured your project on my Unveil Your Genius Link Party! :)
Go grab the Featured Button:
http://taylornorris.blogspot.com/p/unveil-your-genius.html

I hope you'll link up again soon! New linky every Thursday.

Kathy Shea Mormino said...

I'd like to invite you to join me at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week! http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-8-and-rural.html

I hope to see you there!
Cheers!
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick