Saturday, October 15, 2011

Wreath Christmas Card


Earlier this year I bought my Cricut Gypsy and while setting it up downloading from Provo Craft, I received some free files. One of these was Christmas. I love designing this year's holiday cards using the many images on this wonderful free file. Today I'll show you how I designed a simple wreath card.
First cut a green wreath and a red bow. I took a green brush marker and added scalloped lines to represent holly leaves. 
 A hole punch is great for Christmas ornaments and red berries were added with a red fine point marker.



 
A while gelly roll medium tip marker works well to add snow to the wreath.
Place the finished wreath on foam dots for depth on a brick printed paper.
I added white card stock paper embossed with the divine swirl Cuttlebug folder as snow (rip the edge for snow detail) against the brick wall. 
 
Adhere to the front of a white card and you have a great looking holiday card! Have a creative day!

5 comments:

Lindsay Weirich said...

that is really pretty, I got some christmas carts on my gypsy too but I never think to use them, I must try!

girlia said...

really pretty

*Jeana* said...

very nice..I would love for you to share at my "Anything Goes Link Party"http://jeana-marie.blogspot.com/2011/10/anything-goes-link-party.html

Anonymous said...

Cute! I love making my own handmade cards too! It is so fun giving something personalized and I think it means a lot.

Jami said...

Beautiful Christmas card! So glad you linked up to the Tuesday To Do Party!
Smiles!
Jami
www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com