Monday, October 31, 2011

Vintage Photos on Altered Canvases

I am always on the look out for new projects and products. Some of the neatest projects I have discovered online recently use products and papers produced by Graphic 45. Well, unfortunately Michaels doesn't carry that brand and so I went on a hunt for these unusual paper stacks. I found a few at Hobby Lobby and since I couldn't decide which to buy, I bought two. After all I had two 40% coupons and my hubby was with me! I bought "Communique" and "Playtimes Past" home to play with. these have wonderful vintage color printed pages.

I began using "Communique" and paired it up with old family photos. I used some sheets as background and others I cut shapes from and combined with flowers, stickers and die cuts to glue in place on 12" x 12" canvases. The canvases were on clearance at Michaels!




Some supplies I used were Americana acrylic paint on the canvas, "Yes Paste" spread with a plastic knife on the back on the paper background, Tombow glue runner and Zig 2 Way glue.

I'm looking forward to collecting more paper stacks from Graphic 45 and turning them into Altered canvases and more!


4 comments:

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

Very nice! I like the first one!

Lindsay Weirich said...

those are fabulous Carla! I just was given 2 boxes of old family photos that were in my late grandmothers house, I am so inspired to scan and use them now!

Sharon, aka Bootersmom03 said...

Very creative!! Perfect for family photos! New follower via Blog Hop!

Dr Sonia S V said...

What unique projects!
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com