I recently left Karen Campbell's Awesome Art School, deciding it was time to move on in my art journey. I've learned so much to improve my skills at the school. I also want to work on more pieces to send to Art2Hearts.com. In doing so I've worked on my style.
I love collecting child digital images and putting them in scenes. I enjoy drawing the child freehand and the background around it. The background is sometimes from my imagination and other times from a second digital image. Either way both are done freehand using and my imagination as references.
Occasionally I'll go back to some free tutorials, which I can find online, but the child scenic compositions have become my focus.
This cutie is part of my child artist digital file from Etsy. The file is at Art Outrageous. I drew her on Fabriano hot press watercolor paper using a Graphgear 1000 Pentel Pencil and I outlined the image with a Micron Pen. I used a pencil and a blending stump for the shading. I used a Gell Roll Pen for a couple of highlights.
I drew the park setting freehand including her easel, where she painted the treed property line. I painted this piece with Jane Davenport watercolors. I used Arteza gouache for her hair to be able to cover the trees behind her head.
I enjoyed working on this painting very much!
Challenges:

No comments:
Post a Comment