Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Wizard Frog

 

This "Wizard Frog," is from a tutorial by Karen Campbell and Lucy Brydon for Awesome Art School. I used a Graphgear  Pentel Pencil to draw this frog in my Canson  XL Watercolor Sketch book.

I used a blending stump to darken around the circles of his  eyes. I painted him using Craft Manor Pearl Paint watercolors and Jane Davenport watercolors. I used a Micron Pen to outline this guy and a bit of Holbein Artist's Gouache for the highlights.

I enjoyed blending the Crafty Manor paints in the wizard's hat. The two colors shine so well together! So do the orange with the purple in the cape and scarf. The wizard has a really nice shinny green skin tone from that same Crafty Manor Pearl Paint! This "Wizard Frog was so much fun to paint!

I'm so glad I decided to use the Craft Manor Pearl watercolor paint on this painting!

Challenges: 

 https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2026/08/august-2026-anything-goes-w-optional.html 

https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/2026/08/challenge-202608-anything-goes.html 

https://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2026/08/challenge-855.html 

https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com/2026/08/creative-inspiration-challenges-41.html 

 

No comments: