This fun "The Magic of Home" is from a collage tutorial by Eulalia Mejia for "A Year of Magic and Fairy Tales."
Back in 2020, I discovered Gelli Plate printing and I made a lot of sheet of mixed-media colored card stock to make colorful mono-prints. I stored these prints in a cabinet for years. Now in 2026, I combined these prints with pieces of printed scrapbook paper and colored card stock to make this colorful scene.
Eulalia used acrylic paint for the background. I don't paint with acrylics, so I used a sheet of dark blue card stock instead. I used Eulalia's templates to cut the printed papers, scrapbook paper and card stock into pieces that make up the mushrooms and the other pieces. I loved putting this scene together.
I embellished the cut paper pieces with a variety of fineline pens and some Carandache Crayons. The dots on the mushrooms were done with white gouache.
This is my third piece using a collage tutorial by Eulalia Mejia, they are a pleasure to work on.
Challenges:
https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2026/07/july-2026-anything-goes-w-optional.html
https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/2026/07/challenge-202607-anything-goes-wopt.html
https://paperfundaychallenges.blogspot.com/2026/07/july-2026-challenge-89-anything-goes.html
https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/2026/07/classic-design-challenge-07-2026-julaug.html

No comments:
Post a Comment