Sunday, August 6, 2023

Queen of Arts - Journal Pages

 

After watching several Youtube tutorials by Karen Campbell, I decided that my art journal needed a new mixed media piece.

I started with the background of ripped book pages and used matter medium adhesive. I added color with Distress Ink and then gave it a light coat of white gesso.

Here's where the fun begins, designing the queen's face with numerous supplies:

Pencil, acrylic paint, Stabilo pencil, Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pen, Carand ache Crayons, Pearlescent Watercolors, Posca Pen, and a Gelly Roll Pen for highlights

I'm really happy with this two page spread!

Challenges:

https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2023/08/august-2023-anything-goes-w-optional.html

https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/2023/08/august-2023-anything-goes-woptional.html 

4 comments:

María said...

Gorgeous pages. That background with all that texture is perfect for your drawing. I love how you've played with the white tone to create contrast in the face. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful layout, Carla. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

Hugs, Em
613 Avenue Create DT
Creative Em my blog
Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

cass said...

Lovely Journal page, thanks for joining us at A Place to Start.

Chana Malkah said...

Carla, this is just stunning! Thanks so much for sharing at A Place to Start!
I apologize for the tardy comment!
Hugz,
Chana