Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Fashion Art Journal Page


 I've been enjoying several days working on projects by artist Karen Campbell, in a 4 day art party. For two days I sampled her style of fashion illustration. First I followed her example and drew two different girls on Canson 140 lb. cold press paper.

I went over my pencil lines with a Speedballart.com Elegant Writer and then took a wet paint brush over the lines and watched the pink and green of the ink bleed. I added additional pink pastel and Pasca Pen for additional interest.



The following day I copied one of the girls onto another sheet of watercolor paper and painted her with Jane Davenport watercolors. I went over the lines using a Micron Pen and cut the girl out.

I adhered Tim Holtz Ideo-Ology Collage Tissue paper to a single page in my art journal using Liquitex Matte Medium. I glued the illustration to the page, over the floral tissue. I printed a sentiment on my computer, cut it out and adhered it to the page. I outlined the sentiment.

I was thrilled to actually draw and use a fashion illustration for my art journal, considering I have attempted to draw one since maybe 7th or 8th grade!

I'm enjoying this 4 day art party and learning a lot!

Challenges: 

https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2023/02/february-2023-anything-goes-woptional.html

https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/2023/02/february-2023-anything-goes-woptional.html 

1 comment:

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Very pretty TFS over at 613 Avenue Create hope to see you in future challenges Elaine DT x