Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Pandas Love Bamboo

 

When I got the book "Watercolor With Me in the Jungle," by Dana Fox, I knew one day I would have to paint a Panda picture. I also knew, I'd need a stencil for the bamboo. Pandas love bamboo! I ordered The Crafters Workshop plastic 6x6" stencil.

I traced the panda from the book and used my light box to transfer the tracing to my watercolor paper. I cut away some of the excess paper from the original tracing and used it to keep the panda clean of spatter. I taped the stencil down twice and brushed watercolor paint over it.

I painted the panda using one color, Lamp Black, but varied the amount of water to change the color from black to shades of grey. I added details with a black Micron Pen and a white Gelly Roll Pen.

I gave the panda a mountain to sit on with two shades of brown watercolor paint.

I used Winsor Newton Cotman Watercolor tubes on Arches paper for this painting.

Challenges:

https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2020/11/november-2020-challenge-anything-goes.html

http://craftyanimals.blogspot.com/2020/11/challenge-44.html# 

https://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/2020/11/morgans-artworld-challenge-11.html

https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/2020/10/world-wide-open-design-team-challenge.html 

7 comments:

Barbara Bruder said...

Awesome Great job on your coloring. Thanks for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Barbara DT member for { World Wide Open Design Team Challenge}

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Cute panda. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld Open Challenge. Love to see you join in each month.
~ Danka CT -

Sheila H said...

Your water coloring is fabulous! This is an amazing scene. Thanks for displaying your artwork at 613 Avenue Create.

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful painting Carla! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
~ Sherry CT/Admin/Coordinator xx

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

This is just so beautiful. Nice work here.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

That is absolutely gorgeous. I love it. Nice work.
Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
~ Annette CT -

Judy V said...

Fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
~ Judy CT