Friday, July 10, 2015

Hot Cocoa Santa Christmas in July Challenge #11

Hot Cocoa Santa
Design team

It's time for the 11th Challenge at Cute as a Button. This month the theme is Christmas in July. It's a fun theme giving you lots of neat options. Who wouldn't want to do at least one Santa card? Well when I chose Hot Cocoa Santa for my Design Team card, I finished with three cards!

I printed and used Prismacolor Pencils to color the image except for his robe. Then I scanned the colored image back to the computer and merged the image with a fabric print from a digikit in the Craft Artist 2 program. I printed the project, cut it out and saved it to my computer. I saved each step along the way. Then I built a room in the Craft Artist 2 program and sat the nicely robed Santa on a chair. I saved and printed that image, trimmed it and added some more pencil detail and adhered it to my base card. Then I printed out the other two Santa's and added some more pencil detail to both...adhered each to a colorful background and onto a card base. Now, I have 3 really nice but different Santa cards.

 Hot Cocoa Santa

 Hot Cocoa Santa

 I hope I inspired you with quality crafts. I hope you will share your projects at Cute as a Button Stamps Facebook Page and Cute as a Button Stamps Facebook Group. There is a "Christmas in July" challenge you should enter at Cute as a Button.


No comments: