Friday, June 22, 2012

Watercolor With Art Impessions Stamps and Tombow Markers

I recently stopped in at my favorite scrapbooking store, Gingham Buttons 2 at 5 Utility Dr. #21 in Palm Coast, Fl.. I finally bought the stamps, that I have been looking at for a few months. I love my Tombow Markers and wanted to try some new techniques with them. I bought a set of Art Impression stamps.

I couldn't wait to get home and try these quality stamps, which remind me of the watercolor painting I so enjoyed doing years ago. Using these stamps, I can create not just cards, but small pieces that look like art...so easily. I just knew that I had to create a project with the stamps as they look so quaint! What I love is that they don't look stamped, and most people will think you've been so clever and drawn these masterpieces yourself. The individual stamps can create multiple scenes, giving good value to the original purchase. The many set and individual pieces work well together and the company puts out a DVD, books and pamphlets with step by step instructions. You can even watch the process on Utube. The picture above is my very first piece which I created into an attractive greeting card. Check out the additional cards I recently completed below! Although the technique calls for 140 lb. cold press paper, I used 90 lb. and it worked out fine. Next time I'll use the 140 lb. and see if it is a marked difference.




Here is the list of my supplies:
Tombow Markers:
985- Chrome Yellow
725- Rhodamine Red
772- Blush
173- Willow Green
245- Sap Green
195- Light Green
977-Saddle Brown
946-Gold Ochre
Water Brush
UM 3521 - AI Unmounted rubber stamps on repositionable cushion
Clear Acrylic Blocks

Check out this site for Utube videos:
 http://www.artimpressions.com/YouTube.asp

I can't wait to try it again!

6 comments:

Micupoftea said...

What lovely, summery cards...love the green checks! Happy June~

Christine said...

Beautiful cards!! Just love your artwork!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! Have a great day! :)

Lindsay Weirich said...

very pretty cards!

Charlene@APinchofJoy said...

Glad to know I am not the only one that finds something I'd love to buy and then waits several months before finally getting it! Anticipation makes the heart grow fonder, I guess. lol Beautiful! Thanks for sharing on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy. Hope to see you again soon!

Michelle Day said...

Carla,
These are beautiful cards! Great for sumnmer. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday Last week. I can't wati to see what you link up this week :) Have a wonderful 4th of July.
Michelle

Taylor @ Pink Heels Pink Truck said...

Such beautiful cards!! I love watercoloring! Thanks so much for linking up this post last week at my Unveil your Genius link party!! I hope you'll link up again soon! :)