These adorable characters are from Karen Campbell's book "Whimsical Watercolor and How to Draw Series Wee Wing Things." These are my fifth and sixth pages, I worked on in Karen's book. They are the last ones. I'm done, I did all 18 of these characters!
The images were drawn on Fabriano hot press watercolor paper, using a Graphgear 1000 Pentel Pencil. Shadow was added with a Blackwing-Matte Pencil and a blending Stump. I painted them with Jane Davenport watercolors. I used Micron pens for outlines and some of the details. Some touches of color was done using Master's Touch Fineliner Markers. Highlights were done using a Gelly Roll Pen.
I followed Karen's detailed directions for each image. The characters names on page 5 are: Bewildered Beetle Bob, Thee Wee Flea and Sweet Seagull Sally. The ones on page 6 are: Dedicated Dennis! Croonin Clyde! and Crickie Candlewickie!
It was a fun book of characters to work on. I can't wait to see the next book Karen Campbell puts out....drawing storefronts!
Challenges:
https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2026/09/september-2026-anything-goes-w-optional.html
https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/2026/09/challenge-202609-anything-goes-w.html
https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/2026/08/classic-design-challenge-08-2026-augsep.html


4 comments:
Oh they're just adorable! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create!
Great job on your watercoloring! Thanks for accepting the challenge at A Place To Start !
These "Wing Things" Pages are too adorable! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana
Lovely! Thank you for entering our challenge at 613 Avenue Create. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for 613 Avenue Create
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}
Post a Comment