These fun characters are from Karen Campbell's book "Whimsical Watercolor and How to Draw Series Wee Wing Things." These are my third and fourth pages, each with characters I worked on from Karen's book.
The images were drawn on Fabriano hot press watercolor paper, using a Graphgear 1000 Pentel Pencil. Shadow was added with a Blackwing-Matte Pencil and a blending Stump. I painted them with an assortment of palettes from Prima and Jane Davenport. I used Micron pens for outlines and some of the details. Some touches of color was done using Master's Touch Fineliner Markers. Highlights were done using a Gelly Roll Pen.
I followed Karen's step by step details for each image. The characters names on page 3 are: Tippie Twinkletoes, Flowery Flutterer and Flippity Fly. The ones on page 4 are: Had Enough, Fluff, Happily Hoppity and Squawkin Steven.
They were fun to work on. I'll be back with more fun images from this book.
Challenges:
https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2026/09/september-2026-anything-goes-w-optional.html
https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/2026/09/challenge-202609-anything-goes-w.html
https://paperfundaychallenges.blogspot.com/2026/09/september-2026-challenge-91-anything.html
https://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2026/08/challenge-327.html


4 comments:
FANTASTIC!!!
Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
Bettascrap DT
Very cute Carla!
We're always thrilled to see each entry arrive in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
We do hope you'll return!
Wishing you the very best of luck with your entry.
Warm Wishes, Jackie,
DT member at 613 xx
So cute! Thanks for sharing your creative project at The Paper Funday Challenge, we appreciate your participation.
Donna xx
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge
So darn cute! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana
Post a Comment