Sunday, August 9, 2026

Tea Towel Catz


 This "Tea Towel Catz" painting is from a tutorial by Karen Campbell on Youtube. She was inspired by a tea towel she found in an antique shop!

I drew and painted this piece following Karen's step by step instructions. I painted it on Fabriano hot press watercolor paper, mostly using Jane Davenport Watercolors. The one exception is the black cat. When I painted him like the others in watercolor, the whole picture looked really dull. As soon as I painted that cat, a second time, using Bombay Black India Ink the whole picture woke up!  

The catz are detailed and outlined in Molotow Fineliner. The white white whiskers and highlights are in Gelly Roll Pencil. I used a Blackwing Pencil and a paper stump for shading.

I showed this painting to my husband this morning and he loved it!

Challenges: 

 https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2026/08/august-2026-anything-goes-w-optional.html 

https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/2026/08/challenge-202608-anything-goes.html 

https://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2026/08/challenge-855.html 

https://tuesdaytaggers.blogspot.com/2026/08/make-it-colourful.html 

No comments: