This granny portrait is from a mixed media tutorial by Karen Campbell for Awesome Art School. The lesson was meant to be collage. But not being into collage, I copied the line drawing and made it my one own. I drew this granny with a Graphgear 1000 Pentel Pencil in my Canson watercolor sketch book. She is outlined in Micron Pen. I used Jane Davenport and Prima watercolors and a small amount of Arteza and Holbein Artists' Gouache to paint her hair and the dotted shirt.
Before I had finished with her shirt and sweater, I showed the portrait to my husband. As soon as he saw her, he said, "she looks like your mother!" As I painted she began to show up as my mother Ruthy! It wasn't my intention, but as she did, I painted a sweater and shirt, that she might have worn.
This was such a fun piece to work on!
Challenges:
https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2026/07/july-2026-anything-goes-w-optional.html
https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/2026/07/challenge-202607-anything-goes-wopt.html
https://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2026/07/challenge-326.html
https://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com/2026/07/crafty-catz-challenge-717-anything-goes.html
https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/2026/06/classic-design-challenge-06-2026-junjul.html

6 comments:
This caught my eye in the gallery of Grafty Catz - so expressive !
Granny is ready! Very well done, Carla! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah
A Place to Start
Great stuff Carla!
We're always thrilled to see each entry arrive in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
We do hope you'll return!
Wishing you the very best of luck with your entry.
Warm Wishes, Jackie,
DT member at 613 xx
Oh my gosh! Love, Love, Love your granny!! ♥♥ Thank you so much for playing along with the 613 Avenue Create. Rosi x
You might also be interested in these two challenge blogs:
The Little Things
Dream Factory
Wow you are so talented!! Granny is great!!
I love this wonderful card - so fun! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge
Post a Comment