Sunday, October 1, 2023

Autumn Whispers Fairy

 

I was so happy to see Tamara Laporte's tutorial the first day of Life Book 2024 - Taster Sessions was Autumn Whispers.

I painted this lovely fairy with Jane Davenport watercolors on 140 lb. Fabriano hot press watercolor paper. I used Liquitex Acrylic Ink in her hair bringing out the red in it! The heavy black black in her hair and around her face is the Stabilo All pencil. I used Dr. Ph. Martin's Bleed Proof White for highlights and a Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pen for a bit of detail.

I also learned to print the leaves from my tree with watercolors. I used them over the watercolors on her top and in the background.

I learned a lot as I always do when I paint a tutorial from Tamara Laporte.

Challenges:

https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2023/10/october-2023-anything-goes-w-optional.html 

https://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2023/09/week-748.html 

https://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com/2023/09/crafty-catz-challenge-652.html 

https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/2023/10/october-2023-anything-goes.html 



8 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Gorgeous colours on this image and a fabulous choice for our challenge this week at Allsorts, thank you for sharing with us.
Lorraine

brenda said...

A gloriously vibrant Fairy, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

chrissy xx said...

Such FABulous colours. I LOve it.
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Crafty Catz.
GDT Chrissyxx

coldwaters2 said...

This is drop dead gorgeous the image and the colours really 'pop' thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

Aino said...

Great colours!

Em Louise Fairley said...

She's beautiful, Carla! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

Hugs, Em
613 Avenue Create DT
Creative Em my blog
Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work

Betta said...

Really beautiful, very vibrant colors! Great job!
Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
Hugz, Bettascrap DT