Sunday, September 3, 2023

Soulful Butterfly


 This is the second day of the Art Soul Gathering 2023, hosted by Ida Lang. I chose to work on this wonderful butterfly from a tutorial by Tamara Laporte.

My piece was a definite challenge. I decided to use my highly pigmented Jane Davenport watercolors. on Fabriano hot press 140 lb. watercolor paper. As a result the light wash effect was lost and I couldn't find the lines of the veins on the butterfly's wings. So I went with the flow telling myself it's just the ugly stage!

When I started using my white gell pen for the lines on the wings and the white Sharpie marker for the outline the butterfly began to show its beauty. I add more detail with the white gell pen and a black Faber-Castell brush pen.

I couldn't wait to work on this butterfly. I love all of Tamara's tutorials.

Challenges:

https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2023/09/september-2023-purely-anything-goes.html

https://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/2023/09/morgans-artworld-challenge-9.html 

https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/2023/09/classic-design-challenge-september-9.html

https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/2023/09/september-2023-anything-goes-woptional.html 

6 comments:

Betta said...

Very impressive your butterfly!!!
Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
Hugz, Bettascrap DT

Jackie C said...

What a spectacular Butterfly Carla!
We are always super happy to see every entry in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
Please do come back again!
The very best of luck with your entry.
Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

Pamela Duncan said...

It sure turned out to be just stunning! So very pretty! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
~ Pam CT

Chana Malkah said...

Gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing at A Place to Start!

Hugz,
Chana

Judy V said...

Fabulous Creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld.
~ Judy CT

Arlene said...

Just lovely. So glad you joined us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
~ Arlene CT