Sunday, August 13, 2023

Sweater Girl

 


I found this sweater girl on Pinterest. I love her picture and the hat! I used Faber-Castell Brush Pens, Microns and a Prismacolor Blender in my Strathmore Toned Tan Sketch book. I feel it looks fine, but it would have been better on different paper. I read the pens work on toned paper. I like to experiment and the brush pens are new. I got the idea for using the blender pen online. I will try another girl on Bristol paper using these new Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pens and the Prismacolor Colorless Blender.
 
I learned to draw these face from Karen Campbell's Awesome Art School. I am a retired art teacher and did draw before retiring to Florida. When I decided to get back into painting and drawing, the drawing didn't happen but the painting did. Now that I took the step into Karen's Awesome Art School online, I finally got my drawing skill back, and then some!
 
I put this photo of the drawing up in the art school group and got some lovely comments right away! One was from Karen Campbell;
"Your line work on this piece really makes it look amazing! love the contrast between both sides of her hair"
I'm really proud and happy with my skills and want to keep growing and enjoying that school!
 
Challenges: 



4 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful face. Anesha

Arlene said...

She has such a wonderful modern flair. Well done! So glad you joined us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
~ Arlene CT

Chana Malkah said...

Lovely! Thanks for sharing at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Ellibelle said...

Really beautiful work! She's gorgeous!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!!