Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Day Dress Deco Style

 

I finally got around to my first drawing in "Learn to Draw Art Deco Style, Vol. 1" by Karen Campbell. Not only did I have the detailed instructions in the book, but there was an added video to help me color her in using Copice Markers!


 

I used Karen's Quadrant Method to first draw on tracing paper guide lines and then drew detailed on scrap paper. I used my light pad to transfer all the detail onto my X-Press It Blending Card.


 

I drew over my pencil lines with a Micron Pen. I used Copic Markers for her outfit and skin and Prismacolor pencil and Gelly Roll Pen for highlights.

I love how this girl came out and look forward to more work in these books.

Challenges:

https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/2023/05/may-2023-anything-goes-w-optional-twist.html

http://pearlysparkleschallenge.blogspot.com/2023/05/challenge-84-anything-but-card.html 

https://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com/2023/05/a-perfect-time-to-craft-open-challenge.html

https://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/2023/05/morgans-artworld-challenge-5.html 

 

7 comments:

María said...

Wow you've made a fantastic job drawing the girl and the colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

Gina said...

Beautifully simplistic as Art Deco should be XXX

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Art Deco image and beautifully coloured.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles
Carol DT x

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Another great sketch Carla. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
~ Wendy CT

jolanda creatief bijtje said...

beautiful map
thanks for joining our challenge
greetings jolanda bongers
dt morgans art world

cass said...

Wonderful drawing. Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for Anything Goes but a card challenge.

Gail Hutchinson said...

Wow Carla, I have you again and this sketch of the woman is fantastic. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
~ Gail CT