Wednesday, October 12, 2022

A Patch of Blue

 

This Art Journal two page spread came about with my desire to learn to do abstract art. Combining the colorful piece along with the nature study collage worked out well for the two pages.

I first ripped up several sheets of book pages and adhered them with matt medium to my journal page. I traced a stencil using a Micron pen to put butterflies on the page and improved the design with a Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pen. Then I colored around the butterflies with Caran D' Ache crayons. I used a wet brush to paint around the design, activating the colors. When it was dry I drew stems and leaves on the painting.

I made the collage on top of a book page from bits and pieces from my stash. The children included are from a package by Tim Holtz. I adhered the collage on the page across from my butterfly painting.

Challenges:

https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2022/10/202210-october-2022-anything-goes-w.html

https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/2022/10/challenge-102022-anything-goes.html 

https://www.simplyellibelle.com/2022/10/a-monochromatic-scene.html

https://theoutlawzchallenges-saturday.blogspot.com/2022/09/the-outlawz-saturday-paper-la-mode_0390212591.html 

8 comments:

ScrappyHorses said...

This layout is beautiful! I invite you share with us over at The Outlawz Paper à la Mode Challenge where the theme is Fall Leaves! We are any medium goes, but NO CARDS! Here is the link if you'd like to play along! https://theoutlawzchallenges-saturday.blogspot.com/2022/09/the-outlawz-saturday-paper-la-mode_0390212591.html

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful layout. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

Hugs, Em
613 Avenue Create DT
Creative Em my blog

Ilonka said...

Such a lovely layout. Thank you for sharing it with us at The Outlaws "Paper a la mode Challenge"
Hugs Ilonka DT

StampNScrapJunkie said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at 613 Avenue Create!

Ellibelle said...

The pages turned out absolutely beautiful!
Thank you so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Francesca said...

Beautiful layout! Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start!

My Side of Oz said...

Such a brilliant layout! Love, love the colors you created! Thanks for playing with us at the Outlawz PAM Challenge! Nan, DT

Chana Malkah said...

Blue and Orange really play nicely together, don't they? Love the spread. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana