Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Frida Kahlo Inspiration

 

I am inspired by Frida Kahlo, who was a Mexican painter known for her portraits and work inspired by the nature and artifacts of Mexico. She had a difficult and painful life, yet continued to paint in a folk style using vibrant colors. Here she is in my Art Journal tribute, inspired by Jesse Peterson of Let's Make Art.

I printed an outline offered at Let's Make Art and transferred it to a page in my Art Journal, using graphite paper. The paper moved and I needed a way to substitute the face. I traced just the face on watercolor paper and adhered it over the first one. I painted the figure and background with Jane Davenport watercolors.

Steps:

1) Using scrapbook paper I traced and cut out the jacket and adhered it to the figure.

2) Using a black Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pen added detail lines.

3) Printed a chosen quote and glued it to black card stock, adhered both to the second page of the   spread.

4) Decorated the second page further, with doilies and flowers. 

I'm really happy the lovely 2 page spread and look forward to more.


No comments: