Sunday, April 3, 2022

Spanish Arch/Rocky Cliffs

 

I looked forward to working on this Spanish Arch with some trepidation. This rocky seascape is from a tutorial by Paul Clark. I was fine following Clark's instructions until I got to the bottom of the painting and couldn't find a way to work around the rocks and water. Luckily my husband Sandy knew exactly what to suggest! I told him he saved my work!

Throughout the work, I got to use some interesting techniques including the use of cling wrap on the rocky cliffs and the white crayon (didn't have a white candle handy) to save the white of the paper. I also used Pebeo Drawing Gum to save some of the white of the paper. I painted with Winsor Newton Cotman tube colors on an Arches 140 lb. cold press block.

I'm extremely pleased with the finished painting and look forward to more of Paul Clark's excellent tutorials.

Challenges: 

https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2022/04/202204-april-2022-anything-goes.html

https://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/2022/04/morgans-artworld-challenge-4.html 

https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/2022/04/classic-design-challenge-6th-birthday.html

https://mirtillamente-challenge.blogspot.com/2022/04/mirtillamente-challenge-8-april-2022.html 

https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/2022/04/challenge-042022-april-2022.html


7 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Such a beautiful painting, love it. Thanks for joining 613 Avenue Create. Anesha

Arlene said...

Absolutely gorgeous! So glad you joined us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
~ Arlene CT

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Wow, this scene reminds me of the rocks in Cabo San Lucas in Mexico. Simply exquisite. Thanks for joining us at avenue613-blog.com. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni Cuttino, 613 Avenue Create , DT Coordinator
613 Avenue Create ,Challenge Blog
chasingthedream, My Blog

Chana Malkah said...

You should be pleased, Carla, this is awesome!

Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
A Place to Start , Owner
613 Avenue Create , Owner

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

This is gorgeous Carla. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
~ Wendy CT

mirtillamente said...

Beautiful painting!
Thanks for taking part in the Mirtillamente Challenge!
°Eve / mlj°° owner & designer //Mirtillamente

sweetpea said...

Brilliant painting. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Classic Design Challenge Janet DT