Friday, December 3, 2021

Girl With Patterned Background

 

This face is from the Jane Davenport pad "I came, I saw, I contoured." I transferred the design onto watercolor paper using my light pad. I traced around the face onto scrap paper and used it to mask the line drawing. I did cropped the girl's picture as she has an elongated neck! I think she looks very attractive now though!

I sprayed Dylusions Ink Spray through a Faber-Castell mixed media stencil, around the face. I went over the pencil lines with a Micron pen and a Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pen (both waterproof).

I used Winsor Newton Cotman watercolor tubes to paint the face. The project was not easy to photograph to get the right colors and in person the face is not so blotchy. But I enjoyed combining techniques!


No comments: