Thursday, January 2, 2020

Tile Coasters and More Tile Coasters!

Glossy tiles colored with three colors of Sharpie Markers and then drops of rubbing alcohol

My journey into alcohol inks and ceramic tiles began with Sharpie Markers and rubbing alcohol. Then I got a lovely colorful birthday card in the mail. I asked the sender how it was done and my journey continued into using these wonderful bright alcohol inks.

My friend suggested I use the remaining tumbled tiles in my stash, to play with alcohol inks. They aren't the glossy white like what I used with the Sharpies. Not only did I have these tiles but I have a collection of small bottles of alcohol inks (mostly unused). I applied Alcohol Blending Solution on the tiles using an applicator and then dropped Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Inks on them. I watched as the drops moved from the alcohol and was amazed at the lovely abstract designs.

Tumbled tiles with Ranger Alcohol Inks and Alcohol Blending Solution
After the tiles were dry over night I glued felt squares to the back. Now, I'm so excited about using these little bottles of ink, that I have plans to increase my collection and buy more. I even plan to get the special paper to use with the ink and design a new style of cards. So come back and see what I do next!

Challenges:
http://pearlysparkleschallenge.blogspot.com/2020/01/challenge-47-anything-goes.html
https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2019/12/challenge-228-anything-goes-woptional.html
https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/12/classic-design-challenge-january-1.html?m=1


2 comments:

Jackie C said...

Amazing Carla! Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Pearly Sparkles Challenge this time and good luck :)