Monday, November 18, 2019

Oh, the Places You'll Go! An Anniversary Journal

It all started when I got the Heidi Swapp Cinch Binding System for Christmas last year.

First I designed my own paper doll and scenic books. Then I saw how much fun it was to turn old or in some cases new Little Golden Books into notebooks or journals to use as gifts. I went crazy looking for those adorable books! After making one for my husband, Sandy's, birthday using a Jackie Robinson, Little Golden Book, my son Ian, had a great idea!

He and his lovely wife had moved their family into a new home. They were trying to keep expenses down. Ian asked if I could use the book, that their wedding vows were taken from "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" to make an anniversary journal. He would print out and embellish the book with pictures and mementos from their life together.

How could a mom refuse! I ordered the book and my husband cut the binding off and the creating began. The anniversary journal includes:

The story is throughout the numerous pages.
3 Envelopes
3 Card stock pockets
4 Graph papers
4 Lined papers
9 card stock pages
14 Mats for 4x6" photos
Assorted paper clips
No, it wasn't as easy as those Little Golden Book journals...but it did finally come together. I know they will enjoy putting their own ideas into the book and keeping it as their collection of mementos grows!



By the way, my daughter in law loved the book!
Challenges:
https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2019/11/challenge-227-anything-goes-woptional.html
https://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/11/classic-dt-open-challenge-november.html
https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/11/world-wide-open-design-team-challenge.html

7 comments:

Ruby Wilkes said...

Love this, I'm sure your daughter in law loved this too. I might have to try this. I love that book. I too have a Cinch and love creating books with it. You are very creative

Ronni Howard said...

Just wonderful.. Your daughter in law is Quite lucky to have such a devoted and caring mother inlay!!

Gale said...

This is a lovely and fun journal! Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Gale DT for  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Lovely bright colourful fun journal work. Great job.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

Clipping Path Provider said...





Helpful article and really nicely explained so thanks a lot.

Chrissy said...

Well done Carla, fabulous fun book, great colours and ideas..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jackie C said...

So creative! Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Jackie DT