Sunday, April 17, 2016

Craft Store Find and Tattoo Cutie

Digistamps4joy shop
It's always fun to shop at the craft store with my friend. Although the store is around the corner and I go there often, when I am with Vickie we usually find something new and unusual to use in creating our cards. Well this last visit we found Recollections Decorate It Die Cut sheets. They come in paper pads of a couple of sizes and I bought the small 5"x7.5". The pad of 24 sheets has several cut designs in pink and green papers.
When I got home and wanted to use  sheet, I found they were slightly larger than my 5"x6.5" base card. I trimmed the edges on 3 sides and cut a strip near the middle of the die cut sheet. Then I covered the front of the base card with black card stock and adhered the 2 pieces of pink die cut to the black meeting near the middle. A pretty ribbon conceals the match up.

I decided this would be a lovely background for Digistamps4joy's new release Tattoo Cutie by Jen. Lovely Tattoo Cutie was colored using Faber-Castell Polychromos Pencils and a Prismacolor Blender Marker. I cut her out and adhered her to the background of the card using soft pad to give her a 3D look.

Would it be wonderful for this new digital to win in the challenge at Digistamps4joy? She very cute!
Challenges:
 http://craftingwithanattitude.blogspot.com/2016/04/challenge-14.html
http://artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.com/2016/04/challenge-154.html
http://craftingforallseasons.blogspot.com/2016/04/challenge-124.html
http://dreamvalleychallenges.blogspot.com/2016/04/challenge-129-anything-goes.html

4 comments:

Sami said...

When I first saw your card the die cut background looked so cool! That little paper pad you found sounds awesome!

N-Eva said...

Fantastic card! Truly beautiful!! Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges!
Neva DT

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations Louise DT x

Lisbeth said...

hi
fun card
thanks for joining us at crafting for all seasons
hugs Lisbeth DT