Tuesday, June 16, 2015

My Own Craft Room

Love My Copics

Cute as a button

This has got to be the most special composition for a card, I've done recently. Yes, I know the name of the Cute as a Button image is Love My Copics, but I love my pencils! Getting to color her with Prismacolor Pencils and Prismacolor Bender and a bit of silver from a Gelly Roll pen was fun. Planning her craft room was more fun using the craft table and room grid by Scrappers Delight. The bits and pieces were taken from the Mother's Day 2011 digikit and it was all merged in the Craft Artist 2 program.

Ok, so why is this composition so special. Well, it's because she could be me (she's somewhat younger and has a lot more hair). I feel so fortunate to be a retired art teacher, which has lead me to numerous crafting activities. Retirement could have been a boring depressing time. I'm lucky to have my creative hobbies and a wonderful room dedicated to doing them.

I love the challenge of new images to design for. I belong to several design teams, which has greatly improved my coloring skills. I love exploring techniques and styles as well as enjoy making friends around the globe.

I create cards as well as framed art and canvases. Some of my work is for sale locally. I recently received an honorable mention for a piece I created with an image from Aurora Wings. My work has been published in a few magazines.

I love to inspire others with good quality crafts. I hope you will share your projects at Cute as a Button stamps Facebook Page and Cute as a button stamps Facebook Group.

9 comments:

Barbara Bruder said...

Hi Carla, your card is adorable.Love this composition, what a great idea. Thanks for joining us at the Mema’s Crafts challenge this month. Good luck. Hugs, Barbara

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create, good luck!!! Amy DT

Handmade by Veer said...

Great inspiration piece. ..this could be me also. ..but I still have to work...hi,hi! I would love to have more time to crafting. Xxx veronique

Jackie T said...

Hi Carla this is a fabulous card I love the design. Thank you for joining us at the Scribble and Scrap challenge. Hugs Jackie DT

Pat said...

Love your card! Thanks for sharing your inspirational story. Thanks for joining us at Your Scrapbook Place challenge blog this month!

Unknown said...

I can tell you had a lot of fun creating this! So glad you shared it over at the Lia Stampz challenge blog!
Nina-Marie :)
Lia Stampz Design Team

Deonna B said...

Great Card! Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with TTCRD this week and please come and join us for the new "Anything Goes" Challenge starting tomorrow. I love visitors to my blog at ialwayslovetomakecards.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Lovely card! The image is adorable. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion:)
~ Bonnie DT

Irene's Creations said...

Lovely job. Thanks for joining in with us at Art By Mi Ran.