Sunday, December 8, 2013

Discovering Digi Stamps

For as long as I have done watercolors, scenic compositions always gave me great pleasure to paint. Lately I have begun to use my rubber stamps to design scenes featuring my Tilda and Edwin stamps by the Magnolia Rubber Stamp Company. Floral and farm scenes look especially nice with those kids. I use my Marvy Markers (water based), water brush and plastic palette. The markers are used not only to color the images, but to print the grass too. Edwin is colored in Prisma Colored pencils and I used Oderless Mineral Spirits to blend the colors. He is on pop dots adding dimension to the picture.

I recently discovered digital stamps! I love the scenes that I can buy online and have them sent to my computer. I have a digi file and can open them and adjust them in my Word program. I use Canson 90 lb. cold press watercolor paper to print the designs on my printer. From there the fun starts, coloring and adding more to an already delightful composition. I have always enjoyed coloring and painting more than drawing, so this is a great find for me! Maybe you will think so too!

The card I am displaying used a digi stamp called "Potting Shed" designed by Mo's Digital Pencil. I love how Edwin (Cool Edwin), looks standing way into the foreground. He looks like, he just visited with the gardener at a wonderful colorful shed. I liked Mo's original colors so much, I copied them in my own version.

I have entered this card in the challenge at Mo's digital Pencil.
Come back again and see my other digital stamping discoveries!

To find more wonderful digital stamps go to: http://mosdigitalpencil.com/


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your digi stamp and how great it looks with your magnolia stamp in the foreground.

Your artistic coloring and shading always makes things pop.

Love it

Diane