Friday, August 9, 2013

Embossing With Paste and Stencils 2


Some time ago, maybe when I was working as a crafts teacher at Michaels, I bought a Martha Stewart dry embossing set, which came with stencils and a stylist. You were supposed to use them along with a lightbox. Well, I was mighty disappointed, when these stencil designs didn't work well with the stylist. The stylist didn't fit in the cuts! That's when I began collecting stencils at Hobby Lobby. Now, my local scrapbook store, Gingham Buttons 2 has Dreamweaver stencils and others which have wonderful detail.

The flowers and bird is a lovely stencil I got at the local scrapbook store and the acorn stencil is a Martha Stewart stencil.

I finally found a way to use my Martha Stewart stencils. They worked pretty well with the gold Dreamweaver stencil paste. Check these out.
The butterfly stencil is from Hobby Lobby and the corner is from Martha Stewart.
Martha Stewart stencil

Martha Stewart stencil

I love the gold Dreamweaver Embossing Paste against the black paper!



3 comments:

Isobel Morrell said...

That's the beauty of being able to choose one's materials to make one's own crafts. Love the way you've mixed and matched.

Sorry not to have followed and commented recently. Malignant computers and other Etsy activities have intervened. Hope to be a regular caller from now on.

Good luck and many sales!

Ronni Howard said...

Just beautiful.. I am so attracted to silver/gold on blck.. It is so seductive... wonderful stuff... as usual....

Anonymous said...

Pretty! I love the gold! Thanks for sharing @ Submarine Sunday!