Friday, March 22, 2013

Spring Window Card

I've discovered a set of metal dies that are just so cute! These unique and creative dies are from Cottage Cutz. The one I used for this post is the Spring Window (4 x 6") and it works well on a 5 x 6 1/2" card base. I've added the Art Impression front and back stamps of kids, who love looking in and out of windows! The highly detailed window die creates an almost 3D effect. It's easy to customize each project since each piece cuts separately.

I used Art Impressions Peter UMQ1524, Becky UMT1519 and Annie UMT1518 for the little kids peeking from the windows.



To get the front and the inside of the card each piece was cut twice using my trusty Cuttlebug.

During a visit with my friend Diane, I discovered that the pieces to the Cuttlebug Quilling Kits work well for card embellishments. I used the floral petal cutting die from the Daisy Kit for a cute valence inside the card, over the window.

Here are the steps I took using my Cuttlebug and dies to create this adorable card.









7 comments:

RONNI Howard said...

ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!! BRAVO

Crafts a la Mode said...

Darling. Thanks for sharing. Linda

Lindsay Weirich said...

you always find the cutest die cuts! And they go so well with the stamps!Beautiful work!

Unknown said...

So cute! Thanks for linking up to my party!

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

Such detail and so beautiful! Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!

Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick
http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

So so cute! Especially to tuck into a housewarming gift! THanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable cards! I love those sweet dies!! Too cute!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa