Saturday, September 29, 2012

Cancer Cigar Box Part 4

If you are following my cancer journey, you know that a melanoma was taken off my right foot and a wonderful plastic surgeon, Dr. Sergio Zamora (Daytona Beach) reconstructed the bottom of my foot. Although my foot is sensitive, I'm walking and I have started driving my car.

The cigar boxes that I up-cycled for the doctor will be in the fundraiser today. In exchange he gave me several boxes to work on and so far I finished one real beauty! The outside is so nice, that I didn't want to mess it up.

I worked only inside the cigar box carrying a South American theme of the 1920's. The city street was made using a Sheena Douglass rubber stamp several times cut and colored (Tombow Markers) buildings. The Graphic 45 "Curtain Call" paper collection was used in the box. The car and dressy figures were cut from good cardstock using the Cricut "Art Deco" cartridge. This cartridge is my favorite.


My wonderful and supportive husband figured out the really tricky pop up features. He always makes my visions a reality!

12 comments:

R Howard said...

Wow ..This is wonderful.. Love it and the figures and the outfits...A true work of art and to have a hubby support and inspire you is just super!R Howard

Frances said...

What a beautiful box. It is great that you are giving back to the folks that helped you. I have cancer and sometimes don't know how to talk or blog about it. So tough. I admire your openness. I am a new follower. Have a great weekend.

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

Wow, I'm incredibly impressed by the pop-ups! Extra points for a visually-minded hubby!

Lindsay Weirich said...

that is lovely Carla! I am so glad you are able to drive an walk a bit now, take care:)

Christine said...

Yay for being able to walk and drive!!!

LOVE the Cigar Box!!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

Donna Wilkes said...

So wonderful that you are better and able to participate in the fundraiser. I hope the people bidding will recognize the true artistic ability it took to create this piece.

Distressed Donna Down Home

Karima said...

Wow - what a great idea for the boxes! I love it!

Unknown said...

I love to hear that you are healing well! You are extremely talented!

Thank you for linking up at Whimsy Wednesdays with The NY Melrose Family and Smart! School {House}

Kelly at Smart! School {House}
www.smartschoolhouse.com
www.thenymelrosefamily.com

Donna said...

Wow! That is beautiful. I am sure he will love it.

Charlene@aPinchofJoy said...

Glad to hear you are beginning to walk and drive! Beautiful box and love the pop ups! Thanks so much for linking on Busy Monday

Michelle Day said...

Carla,
So glad to hear you are walking and driving :) These cigar boxes are amazing. I love the pop ups. You are very talented! Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
Michelle

Jessica said...

So cool!! Thanks for sharing at Sweet Saturday!