Pages

▼

Sunday, September 20, 2026

Magical Potions

 

This piece is from a tutorial by Andrea Gomull for "A Year of Magic and Fairy Tales."

Using a Graphgear 1000 Pentel Pencil, I drew the image following Andrea's direction, onto my Arches watercolor block. I used a Micron Pen for outlining work and painted with Jane davenport Watercolors. I used Holbein  Artists' white gouache for dots and highlights. I enhanced the piece with Prismacolor Pencils.

This was a fun piece to work on!

Challenges: 

 https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2026/09/september-2026-anything-goes-w-optional.html 

https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/2026/09/challenge-202609-anything-goes-w.html 

https://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com/2026/07/a-perfect-time-to-craft-open-challenge_01035597380.html 

https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/2026/09/classic-design-challenge-09-2026-sepoct.html 

5 comments:

  1. An awesome drawing with a fantastic background. You've played very well with all the colours to create movement. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing this card with us at A Place to Start - hope to see you again soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, Carla! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

    Hugs, Em
    613 Avenue Create Co-Owner
    A Place To Start DT
    Creative Em my blog
    Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is amazing - awesome job! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Thank you for entering our challenge at 613 Avenue Create. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for 613 Avenue Create
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading the comments left on my blog!