This fun "The Magic of Home" is from a collage tutorial by Eulalia Mejia for "A Year of Magic and Fairy Tales."
Back in 2020, I discovered Gelli Plate printing and I made a lot of sheet of mixed-media colored card stock to make colorful mono-prints. I stored these prints in a cabinet for years. Now in 2026, I combined these prints with pieces of printed scrapbook paper and colored card stock to make this colorful scene.
Eulalia used acrylic paint for the background. I don't paint with acrylics, so I used a sheet of dark blue card stock instead. I used Eulalia's templates to cut the printed papers, scrapbook paper and card stock into pieces that make up the mushrooms and the other pieces. I loved putting this scene together.
I embellished the cut paper pieces with a variety of fineline pens and some Carandache Crayons. The dots on the mushrooms were done with white gouache.
This is my third piece using a collage tutorial by Eulalia Mejia, they are a pleasure to work on.
Challenges:
https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2026/07/july-2026-anything-goes-w-optional.html
https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/2026/07/challenge-202607-anything-goes-wopt.html
https://paperfundaychallenges.blogspot.com/2026/07/july-2026-challenge-89-anything-goes.html
https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/2026/07/classic-design-challenge-07-2026-julaug.html

There's so much interest and whimsical fun in this piece! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge and sharing your sweet project with us.
ReplyDeleteDonna xx
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
This all came together splendidly Carla!
ReplyDeleteWe're always thrilled to see each entry arrive in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
We do hope you'll return!
Wishing you the very best of luck with your entry.
Warm Wishes, Jackie,
DT member at 613 xx
You've created a wonderful environment! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
ReplyDeleteHugz,
Chana