Here's a mixed media piece, that I almost skipped working on. I thought my skills wouldn't be able to get thru the complicated piece! But somehow I did and this is "Pot-Belly Dragon," from a tutorial by Karen Campbell for Awesome Art School.
I had gone to visit the kids in St. Augustine and found that my 9 year old granddaughter worked on a film at camp using dragons for her theme! So in honor of my granddaughter I painted this piece.
I followed Karen's step by step instruction drawing the mage on Canson 140 lb. watercolor paper and painted the dragon with Jane Davenport Watercolors.
I used a ruler to draw a 7" square and a Micron Pen and a Posca Markers for outlines. I used a white Gelly Roll Pen for a few highlights.
I hope my granddaughter will like to see this piece, as a memory of a great summer at camp, on my gallery wall.
Challenges:
https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2026/07/july-2026-anything-goes-w-optional.html
https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/2026/07/challenge-202607-anything-goes-wopt.html
https://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2026/07/challenge-854.html
https://lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.com/2026/07/282-july-19-polkadoodles.html


This dragon is awesome. I love how you've framed it and the colouring is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.
ReplyDeletethank you for using a Place to Start as an inspiration for your card
ReplyDeleteThank you for bringing this dragon painting along to the Allsorts challenge
ReplyDeleteFabulous Carla!
ReplyDeleteWe're always thrilled to see each entry arrive in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
We do hope you'll return!
Wishing you the very best of luck with your entry.
Warm Wishes, Jackie,
DT member at 613 xx
What fun! Thanks for sharing your "pot-bellied" dragon with us at A Place to Start!
ReplyDeleteHugz,
Chana