Pages

Friday, July 17, 2026

Magic Mushroom

 

This "Magic Mushroom," is a gouache painting from a tutorial by Lucy Brydon for "Art is Magic." It was an art event with a free 9 day Tempter Session running thru July 19th.

I used a Graphgear 1000 Pentel Pencil to draw the mushroom on a New York Central Art Supply 5 x 7 hot press watercolor block. I followed Lucy's step by step instructions using Arteza Gouache. I added Dr. Ph. Martin's Bleed Proof White for the dots on the mushroom and glowing background.

I always  enjoy working on Lucy Brydon's tutorials. I learned so much in this gouache tutorial.

Challenges: 

 https://paperfundaychallenges.blogspot.com/2026/07/july-2026-challenge-89-anything-goes.html

https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/2026/07/classic-design-challenge-07-2026-julaug.html 

https://creativecrafterschallenge.blogspot.com/2026/07/challenge-102.html 

 

1 comment:

  1. Love the Whimsical Vibes of this mushroom scene, it has me humming the Jefferson Airplane song White Rabbit. We're delighted you've shared your wonderful project with us at The Paper Funday Challenge. We look forward to seeing more from you soon.
    Donna xx
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Pick 3 Challenge
    The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading the comments left on my blog!