I've been doing art tutorials for a number of years, the last three years at Karen Campbell's online Awesome Art School. There are also many art tutorials online, given freely. I have taken advantage of many. I can honestly say my skills have improved thru the years and I've learned so many wonderful techniques!
I have found that saving digital files on Etsy in the themes I'm interested in and using them as references has helped me to create my own original art. I enjoy drawing my own version of digital images. I have been offered templates freely to use in my work. Sometimes I can combine both kinds of references in the process and arrive at original art work. This is how I got the "Lighthouse Dream."
I used a lighthouse digital image from Plum Loved Art (Wonky Walls and Titled Tops #29) on Etsy and part of a scenic template from Artsydee.com to draw this scene in my Canson Watercolor Book, using a Graphgear 1000 Pencil . I outlined the picture with a Micron Pen and painted it with Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolors. I used Prismacolor Pencils and a blending stump for shading and white Holbein Artist's Gouache for highlights.
This picture represents a new level of my artistic journey. I couldn't be happier with this piece.
Challenges:
https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2026/09/september-2026-anything-goes-w-optional.html
https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/2026/09/challenge-202609-anything-goes-w.html
https://creativecrafterschallenge.blogspot.com/2026/09/challenge-104.html

wonderful coloring job ! Thank you for sharing this with us at A Place to Start
ReplyDelete