I'm working on Karen Campbell's book "Wee Wing Things," from the "Whimsical Watercolor and How to Draw Series. These winged characters are a delightful challenge. There are 18 lessons in this book and I plan to do them all. As I finish the pages, I'll show them two pages at a time.
Here are the first six characters on two sheets of Fabriano 140 lb. hot press watercolor paper. I drew each one with a Graphgear 1000 Pentel Pencil, following Karen Campbell's direction. They are painted with Jane Davenport Watercolors and are shaded with a Blackwing Pencil and a paper blending stump. The black outline and details were done with Micron Pens and the highlights were done with a Gelly Roll Pen.
I followed Karen's step by step details for each image. Page 1 characters are Howdy Hal, Baby Beaky and Buzzy Betty. Page 2 characters are Oh Hey, Blue Jay, Loopy Larry and Sweet Baby Screech.
They were a delight to work on. I'm looking forward to working on the next six!
Challenge:
https://avenue613.blogspot.com/2026/08/august-2026-anything-goes-w-optional.html
https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/2026/08/challenge-202608-anything-goes.html
https://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2026/07/challenge-327.html
https://sendasmile4kidschallenge.blogspot.com/2026/08/sas4kids-anything-goes-4-kids.html


These are brilliant and fabulous colouring, love them all, thank you for joining us at A Place to Start.
ReplyDeleteCarol DT x
Absolutely fabulous! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create!
ReplyDeleteCarla, they are all so cute! Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. I hope we see you again soon!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Em
A Place To Start DT
613 Avenue Create Co-Owner
Creative Em my blog
Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel
Oh my goodness, these little bugs are too cute and colored beautifully! Thank you for sharing with us at SAS4Kids!
ReplyDelete